Customary Asian cuisine diets are related with low risk of many long lasting sicknesses and chronic diseases. The Asian diet promotes eating whole, plant-based foods, including produce, legumes, soy, and whole grains, with minimal meat and dairy.
This Thai Chicken Salad is healthy and easy to prepare. We recommend this salad any time of the year but it's especially perfect for the spring and summer evenings.
Thai Chicken Salad Recipe
Honey-Lime Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp. Fish Sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- Juice of 1 Grapefruit
- Juice of 1 Orange
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Head of Romaine Lettuce, cut into 1/2" inch strips, washed and drained
- 6 oz Chicken Breast, cooked and sliced thin
- 1 Orange, in pieces + juice
- 1 Grapefruit, in pieces + juice
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced thin
- 2 small Cucumbers, sliced thin
- .25 oz. Thai Basil, sliced thin
- .25 oz. fresh Mint leaves, sliced thin
- .25 oz. Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Serrano Chilies, sliced thin
- 3 oz. Honey-Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 oz. Roasted Almonds, chopped
Combine all the Honey Lime Vinaigrette ingredients and stir until the honey dissolves. Place all Salad ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss to combine. Garnish with roasted almonds.
The Benefits of Thai Chicken Salad:
This salad combines numerous ingredients that are nourishing and can provide health benefits. For example, grapefruit juice is high in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that is great for your immune system and can help you fight off viruses and bacteria that can cause disease. Additionally, the almonds in this tasty salad can potentially help to lower blood sugar levels, reduced blood pressure, and lower cholesterol levels.
Gather the ingredients and cook along with LifeScape Nutritionist, Dana Bosselmann, as she creates this healthy & delicious Thai Salad [watch here]
Hungry for more healthy recipes?
LifeScape’s Functional Dietician, Dana Bosselmann, offers 1-on-1 Nutrition Sessions and can help you develop a healthy meal plan. [Learn More]
Originally published: 2/15/2021