Prep this delicious bowl ahead of time - for a lunch on the go or an easy weeknight dinner! Feel free to customize your buddha bowl by combining your favorite roasted veggies, protein, grain, fermented or pickled veggies and sauce.
Turmeric Tahini Buddha Bowl
1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbs tahini
4 Tbs lemon juice
2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 & 1/2 Tsp dried turmeric
- 1/4 Tsp sea salt + more to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 watermelon radish or 2 red radishes
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1 Cup uncooked sprouted mung beans or cooked lentils
- 6 small or 3 medium carrots (steamed)
- 1 small head broccoli florets (steamed)
- 8 kale leaves (chopped)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 3/4 Cup sauerkraut or other fermented veggie
- 2 Tbs sesame seeds or hemp seeds
- Microgreens Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Make the Turmeric Tahini Sauce in a small bowl by combining olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, water, turmeric, sea salt and several grinds of pepper. Set aside.
Thinly slice the radish and toss the slices with a squeeze of lemon. Cook the mung beans in boiling salted water according to package directions, or until tender. Drain.
Steam the carrots, covered, until just tender, 7-10min. Remove and set aside.
Next steam the broccoli until tender but still bright green, 4-5min. Remove and set aside.
Lastly, steam the kale until just tender, 30sec - 1 min.
Assemble individual bowls with the brown rice, mung beans, carrots, broccoli, kale, sauerkraut, sesame seeds and microgreens. Season with salt and pepper and serve with the Turmeric Tahini Sauce.