Be joyful and mindful this holiday season
This holiday season will most likely not look, feel or seem like any holiday we have ever experienced before. There will still be joy, special holiday meals and favorite dishes, small gatherings and family coming together from near and far.
As we take this time to restore, connect and relax, it is an excellent time to also consider how to show up as our best selves in the New Year. Often, setting goals and intentions in advance can bring peace of mind and allow us to more easily sink into the moment knowing there is a future plan in place.
A few tips my patients and I have found useful in setting and meeting nutrition/eating goals include:
- Link a new behavior to an existing one. For example while making coffee/tea in the morning, drink a 16-ounce glass or warm lemon water first.
- Set up a text support system. Text a friend or family member first if you feel you need support versus finding it in a sugary food/drink.
- Take 3 deep breaths before eating every meal. Slow down to switch from high/go energy to rest, repair and digest mode
With that being said, we encourage you to consider joining a community of like-minded individuals this January during the LifeScape 7 Day Renew and Reset Virtual Program. Together, we will take a therapeutic, whole-system approach to reset your metabolism & bring you back into balance post-holiday celebrations.
Developed and guided by LifeScape’s Integrative & Functional Nutritionist, Dana Bosselmann, this 7 day journey will be focused on brining you back into balance. Your commitment to this reboot will help you to:
- Overcome carbohydrate cravings and break the addiction to sweets
- Provide nutritional support to detoxify safely
- Identify and remove food related triggers of inflammation
- Increase your energy, enhance sleep, boost mental clarity
- Improve your metabolic score!
With access to our private Facebook group, cooking classes, healthy and mouth-watering recipes, simple solutions to long term success and the ability to personalize the experience by accessing expert advice in a series of engaging talks throughout the week, this experience will help you realize that perfection is not the goal and that the power of community is indeed real!
Past participants reported feeling positive outcomes including:
- Freedom from cravings without feeling deprived
- Lifestyle strategies to continue exploring and expanding upon
- Introduction to new dishes, spices, and a sustainable way of eating real, whole foods
Engage, Reclaim & Renew with your Healthiest Self Ever!
“Health is a personal journey that we decide to take when we are ready to improve the quality of our life in a deeply meaningful, transformative way. It’s about taking the time to lay a foundation that holds up when stress escalates and makes it hard to continue practicing healthy habits. It is about being able to bounce back quickly, demonstrating resilience on many levels.
These are the truths that I have seen in my practice over and over again after engaging in dietetics for over two decades. My patients who take full accountability for themselves and form a partnership with me and their support group always have the best outcomes.”
- Dana Bosselmann, MA, RDN, IFNCP | 7 Day Renew and Reset Program Facilitator