- Lemon juice, freshly squeezed 3 Tbsp.
- Sesame oil, toasted 1 Tbsp.
- Soy sauce or tamari, reduced sodium 1 Tbsp.
- Black pepper, ground as needed
- Quinoa, cooked 3 cups
- Lemon, zested, grated 1 ea.
- Kale, curly green or Tuscan, head 1 ea.
- Persian cucumber, 1⁄4” dice 1 ea.
- Edamame, shelled, cooked and cooled 1 cup
- Scallions, sliced 2 Tbsp.
- Salt as needed
- Avocado, sliced or diced 1 ea.
- Furikake, or toasted sesame seeds 1⁄2 cup
- For the Dressing: Place all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together, then set aside. Alternatively,
place into a small jar with a lid, and shake well to combine. Set aside.
- For the Salad: Put cooked quinoa in a large bowl. Add dressing and lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Strip kale from its center rib, then tear into bite-sized pieces or slice thinly. Use your hands to massage leaves
until tender, darker green, and glossy, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Add massaged kale, cucumber, edamame, and scallions to the quinoa and stir or toss to combine. Taste and adjust
salt to taste.
- Transfer salad to a serving platter, then lay the slices of avocado on top. Scatter with furikake or toasted sesame seeds.